LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (May 16, 2011) – Movies in the Park, the popular outdoor free movie night at the Riverfest Amphitheater, announces its 2011 summer schedule with a diverse list of blockbuster titles beginning June 1.
Movies in the Park begins its seventh season with special thanks to sponsors The River Market, The Little Rock Convention and Visitors Bureau, Stone Ward, B98.5, City of Little Rock, Downtown Little Rock Partnership, and Sumotext. Movies will play weekly at dusk on Wednesday nights through July 27.
“Movies in the Park has become a new southern, summer pastime for Little Rock families to come together and enjoy all of the cultural offerings of the downtown entertainment district,” said Little Rock Convention and Visitors Bureau President and CEO Gretchen Hall. “We look forward to another record-breaking attendance season and welcome everyone to participate in the continued growth and vitality of Little Rock.”
The 2011 schedule includes:
• June 1 - Twilight: New Moon (PG-13)
• June 8 – Star Trek (2009) (PG-13)
• June 15 – Notting Hill (PG-13)
• June 22 - How to Train your Dragon (PG)
• June 29 - Ghost Busters (PG)
• July 6 - The Hangover (R)
• July 13 – Dirty Dancing (PG-13)
• July 20 – True Grit (2010) (PG-13)
• July 27 - Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (original 1971 version) (G)
Families, picnics and pets are invited to the park to enjoy movies under the stars. The amphitheater will open an hour before film showings and movies will start at sundown each week. For more information visit MoviesInTheParkLR.net.
A comprehensive list of all River Market events and information this season can be found at RiverMarket.info or by calling the River Market at (501) 375-2552.